First off I would like to thank PoojaG for nominating me for this award. It is such an honor!
As a nominee, it is my job to answer 11 questions, nominate 11 bloggers, and write 11 new questions for those bloggers. Enjoy!
1. What is your greatest achievement in life
My greatest achievement in life is learning to love myself for who I am.
2. What is your favourite movie?
I’m honestly not much of a movie person anymore. I have been into anime lately – my favorite of which is definitely Sword Art Online. The action and romance leaves you wanting more. New movie being released Spring 2017!
3. Who is your biggest role model?
That’s a tough one. Probably my mum. She works so hard and has a lot of compassion on others. She’s currently a single mum who works as an entrepreneur of two businesses. She helps me to stay positive and calms me down when my anxiety tries to get the better of me.
If I absolutely had to pick anyone else, I would choose Sandra Bullock. Her devotion to her acting is phenomenal.
4. Where do you want to travel to most?
Uganda and India. I went to Uganda on a missions trip when I was 16. I told myself I would return someday. Since I was a child, I’ve wanted to travel to India. In both countries I hope to help and teach orphans.
5. Who is your favourite musician and why?
Ahh! There’s so many groups to choose from. I would probably pick Zoegirl because the first CD I ever owned was from them. They were the first band I was a huge fan of, and they are a positive influence.
6. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
The close-mindedness. Everyone seems to be fighting about something now. A little more understanding may help us to be more tolerant of each other.
7. What is your favourite T.V show?
Anime? I don’t really watch TV either. When I do it’s usually “I Love Lucy” or “All In The Family” which I usually watch against my will when Mum turns it on. Don’t get me wrong – the shows are great! It’s just annoying after 10+ years. . .
8. Who inspired you to start writing?
My high school English teacher. Before her, words had no depth. She taught me to see the hidden meaning behind words, that every line in a book or poem was there for a reason. She walked me and my classmates through metaphors and explained all the different forms and meanings words could take on. Suddenly, I could read between the lines and understand. Without her, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
9. What is your favourite time of day to write?
The morning. I often wake up and can’t fall back asleep. One of the first things I do is check my blog. I think best in the morning, so I start writing posts. If I’m feeling especially adventurous I grab a pen and write poetry in my notepad.
10. What is your biggest goal in life?
To change the world for the better. Mainly to travel and teach English to orphans in third-world countries. See my About tab if you want to read more about that!
11. What is your favourite quote?
Another tough one. One quote that I read in high school and has stuck with me randomly has been a quote from Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar. (I actually had to look up where it came from because I had forgotten.)
“Cowards die many times before their deaths.
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.”
-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar: Act 2 Scene 2
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me! My 11 nominees are:
Nominate up to 11 other bloggers yourself (preferably those with fewer than 500 followers, this is more of a newbie award)
Provide those bloggers with 11 questions of your own for them to answer
Don’t forget to put the Liebster Award sticker on your blog!
And here are the 11 questions for you!
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Would you say you’re an introvert or extrovert and why?
- What is one thing you’d like to accomplish in life an why?
- Who is your hero?
- You’re given the opportunity to become a fictional character, who do you choose and why?
- What inspires you to write when you’re out of ideas?
- What motivates you to write?
- What is something unique about yourself that most people don’t know?
- Why did you fall in love with writing?
- You’re given the chance to give a speech to world leaders, what is it about?
- What is your favorite pastime?